Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Poetry - A Written Expression of One's Inner Dimensions & Perceptions

Dear Friends,

I will now share with you a couple of my works. I've written over 60 poems throughout my life and many of them have been influenced by different events and people that I've experienced or come across. We will follow up this weekend with George Miu's pieces to give you, our readers, a varied taste of our written expressions.

Neal R. Karski

Part 1.

Empty View

Sitting here, procrastinating my life

I kneel down on the carpet

I put my hands together and pray

Do I worship you, or is it just a dubious dream?

Four hours had passed and I’m still awake

Listening to the tunes, the sweets sounds of our quest

I close my eyes and send myself away

To the marble palace up and high in the sky

Have I found the place where we belong?

Disappointment burns me through like a melting glacier

Scribbling letters, on this ice cold pad

I dig myself a grave, a spot to rest in peace

I wait for your soul on the end of the universe

Will you join me and erase the sorrow off my face?

Killing a living creature is hard

Cruising the paths, where our footsteps remain

I strive for the manifest of truth

Somehow I hold on to your hand without a slip

Am I meant to be your puzzle’s missing piece?

The two of us, as one.


Learn To Shiver Warm

I’ve lost the raffle of my dreams

My life, just a dubious slaughter of hope

Like a circle of Indians, I attempt to chase the demons away

I’m a human; a sinner

As stuffed toys, mimic the feign

I encounter people with hidden love

The questions arise in my head; confusion

What is the base of this world?

I tear myself apart much like a fragile animal

Answers; many to pick

Strap my body to a fallen tree

I’d rather shiver than know the truth

God’s above, evil below

Calculate your chance of staying alive

I don’t want to sustain

There is more to life… than looking in the mirror


God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts about this blog.